Virtual Clinical Trials: A New Normal
Virtual Trials. Remote trials. In-home trials. Decentralized trials.
This jargon is not new -- companies have been experimenting with shifting the location and the paradigm for clinical trials for years. With COVID-19, sites suddenly closed and patients stayed home. Clinical trials around the world ground to a halt, and outcomes remain seriously compromised by missed doses and incomplete data. In response, pharma sponsors and their clinical partners have scrambled to implement “decentralized” (virtual), patient-centric approaches that rely heavily on supply chain logistics and remote data collection as an effective countermeasure. With a second wave of the pandemic looming, stakeholders are finding the journey toward a "new normal" that at least maintains the current pace of drug development is easier said than done.
Some topics we will explore include:
- What high priority challenges in clinical development may be addressed through the adoption of virtual or decentralized trials?
- What was the state of decentralized trials prior to the COVID-19 pandemic and how has that changed?
- What will be the "new normal" on the other side of the curve?
- What regulatory, operational and technological barriers stand in the way of that future state becoming reality?
Join us for a virtual discussion with a distinguished panel of national experts, followed by open Q&A with the audience:
- Craig Lipset (Moderator and Panelist): Venture Partner with Boston Millenia Partners and Former Head of Innovation at Pfizer
- Dave Davidson: Director, Business Development North America Philips Healthcare – HealthSuite Digital Platform
- Tammy Guld, Global Lead Janssen Clinical Innovation
- Kent Thoelke: EVP and Chief Scientific Officer, PRA Health Sciences
Information on accessing this event will be provided to registrants.