With advancing interoperability becoming a national mandate, sharing healthcare data will expand across healthcare practitioners, payers, patients, and other stakeholders. For these diverse parties to accurately and efficiently interact, the must rely on the quality of the data they share. Given the exponentially growing volume of health information, how can we assess the accuracy, authenticity, integrity, reliability, and trustworthiness of the data?
Enter the concept of data provenance. Data provenance documents the inputs, entities, systems, and processes that influence data of interest, in effect providing a historical record of the data and its origins. Data provenance may sound like a technical audit trail or downstream path, but in the context of health care, we can think of it as a higher level view that helps us understand the origins of data that comprise a health record. Understanding the provenance of data helps users assess quality and implement systems that lead to better decisions.
Join the Philadelphia Health IT Circle on Thursday, April 25, 2019 from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm at the Philadelphia County Medical Society (2100 Spring Garden Street, Philadelphia) to explore the many places healthcare data goes at our "Data Provenance: All the Places Data Goes" event. Come and learn about:
- Who tracks where health care data comes from?
- How do we know what is "good" data?
- What is being done to ensure the quality and reliability of health data?
We have an expert panel lined up to provide several perspectives on the sourcing and flow of healthcare data:
- Anahi Santiago, CISM, Chief Information Security Officer, Christiana Care Health System
- Carmen DiFelice, Manager, Data Quality and Governance, Independence Blue Cross
- Subha Airan-Javia, MD, Co-Founder TrekIT Health
- Moderator: Yolande Greene, Population Health Manager, Lumeris Health
Come this Thursday, April 25, 2019 (5:30-8:30 pm) and enjoy networking with food and beverages, engaging discussion on the movement of data through business and clinical workflows, and interactive activities to inject some fun!