Getting Vaccinated for COVID-19: Transitioning to Post-Pandemic Health
Join the Philadelphia Health IT Circle for our next event, focused on Getting Vaccinated for COVID-19: Transitioning to Post-Pandemic Health.
Have you been vaccinated? Do you wish you were vaccinated? Or do you plan to not be vaccinated at all?
Please join us on Thursday, April 15, 2021 for a frank, honest discussion with one of the foremost authorities on the topic of vaccines, Kristen Feemster, MD, MPH, MSHPR, FAAP. Dr. Feemster currently serves as Global Director, Medical Affairs - Pneumococcal Vaccines at Merck, but spent much of her career studying vaccines and public policy aspects of vaccination as a researcher at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. She is also author of "Vaccines: What Everyone Needs to Know."
With the U.S. now experiencing a rapid acceleration of its COVID-19 vaccination program, we will hear from Dr. Feemster on a number of topics, including:
- Where are we now (both U.S. and globally) in this pandemic - and when will things begin to normalize
- What is "herd immunity" and is that a realistic goal?
- What is Emergency Use Authorization vs full FDA approval, and what are the safety/efficacy profiles of the available vaccines
- How are vaccines being distributed and allocated, both in the US and abroad?
- What's happening now with WARP Speed and where is the government investing?
- What is driving certain individuals and groups to refuse the vaccine, and how might that impact the rest of us? And what are the potential social impacts on those who lack a 'vaccine passport'?
This online event will include:
- Professional networking
- Trivia contest
- Presentation and Q&A with our expert speaker
Be sure to register so you receive the link to join this online event.